View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 7, 2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl C View Post
Hello to those who remember me from the last 7 years on the forum. After these years of relative stability, a week or so ago I had a bone marrow biopsy after experiencing a drop in platelet levels from 130k to 80k, plus other changes in my bloods. Yesterday I saw my haematologist and was informed that I have AML with 23% blasts, which is a shock as blasts weren't showing up in my blood until my most recent CBC/LFT. I can't start any treatment until further results come in for karyotype, etc in around 6 weeks.

Has anyone else on the forum experienced this level of blasts, and if so how quickly did they increase?
Hi Cheryl,
I was diagnosed with MDS back in 2013. My treatment Vidaza stopped working in early June, 2020. Moffitt Cancer center did a bone marrow biopsy in early July, 2020 and I too had blasts of 22%. (AML territory)

Moffitt placed me in a clinical trial shortly after and in December, I had another biopsy done and my blasts dropped down to 11%. I take a pill twice a day and that is it. The pill is called SX682. It seems to be working. You can look it up on the internet. I have had no side effects.

Tom H.