View Single Post
Old Mon May 9, 2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
OH MY Laura.....So sorry about the GI issues. Unfortunately, nutrition is what mainstream medicine is the worst at. There is no way that 3 shots of B12 resolved your B12 issue. You liver stores up to 5 years of B12 and it will take quite a bit of B12 to correct the B12 and replenish that store. At this point, IMO, I would assume that your overall nutritional status is low and checking for individual nutrients will only confirm what you already suspect.

It makes perfect sense that your GI issues are causing the fatigue and nutritional issues. But it must be difficult to take any supplements at this point. There are alternative, nutritionally focused docs that may be able to help identify and correct those insufficiencies while you work on figuring out the GI issues.

You may be able to get some nutritional testing done on your own if you're up to the challenge. Some labs will run your blood and urine and provide you with some pretty decent data. I can go back and look at some that John did if you are interested.
Yes, I would be greatly appreciative and interested in any information you can pass on.

Laura