View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 12, 2009, 05:53 PM

The first months of treatment were also very difficult for me. I felt so ill. When I did not respond to the treatment and continued to need transfusions I became very depressed and even hopeless. It took about 4 months before I could stop needing transfusions... I started feeling better and my bone marrow made cells slowly over the next 2 years until I finally had normal labs. I can empathize with your mom.... it sometimes does feel like dying and can be hard to see the light at the end of that long tunnel. Every one is different in their recovery... but do not give up. My sister sent me this poem that really sustained me thru the hard times:

Be Strong and Do Not Give Up

Remember, there is a deeper strength and an amazing abundance of peace available to you. Draw from this well; call on your faith to uphold you. You will make it through this time and find joy in life again. Be strong, and don't give up. I know you're going to make it, and my love and prayers are with you. (by Pamela Owens Renfro)

I now have so much joy in my life again and even tho I struggled terribly at first, it was worth it to be back and strong again.

JEZ
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran