View Single Post
Old Mon May 6, 2013, 10:43 PM

Good Evening

Thanks for the reply. The hives were actually pink in color and raised where you could feel them. They ranged in size from dime to half dollar and all different shapes. Kind of like an allergic reaction to med would be. Problem was at that time he wasnt on meds. As far as the "enigma", we at one point had about 9 doctors circled around his bed just stairing at him. Just makes me as a parent wonder and think we are missing something. As far as the other questions I had, it makes me look back over the years or months leading up to it and think about chemicals I have used in the yard, household cleaners, interior paint, deck stain, etc.... the list could go on and on. I guess I am just reaching. Today was a hard day. Just like many others on here Im sure, we went in this morning hoping to see something positive to only to end up needing red blood cells when he just had them 2 fridays ago. Platelets were at 39 so he will be getting platelets wednesday at our clinic visit. By then they will be below 10, a week following the last transfusion.

As far as meds leading up to all this, I cant think of anything. He had a couple cold last year but nothing major.

They havent given any type of growth stimulators. I ask about them prior to treatment but was told that they werent going to give them.