View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 21, 2013, 12:10 AM

Is this possible?

I've been getting increasing back pain and have now developed a distinct lump over the area of the spine that hurts.

I've had 8 sessions of physiotherapy ( the physio would not treat near the lump because he thought it was an unstable fracture), my GP has examined the lump and doesn't know what is causing it and I've had another GP examine the lump as well without a diagnosis.

My GP sent me for an MRI and the report came back stating nothing abnormal was found. Even the spondylolisthesis that this same radiology company diagnosed two and a half years ago isn't mentioned.

I'm devastated because the pain is limiting what mobility I do have. I just wanted something to be found that could be treated. If this pain continues I'm afraid I won't be able to care for myself much longer.

I rang the radiology company and asked if they could have another radiologist look at the MRI. They refused and told me to get another radiology company to give a second opinion. I've phoned around and no other company will look at the scans.

I just don't understand how a highly visible and palpable lump can't be found on MRI.

I know this isn't the right forum for this post but I'm really upset. My GP just wants to put me on Morphine. It feels like when you have other things wrong, they think that one more is no big deal. Whereas I think it's that one more thing wrong that can push me to the edge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.8 KB, 14 views)