View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 22, 2013, 08:30 PM

I've finally worked out why I push to have as much treatment as I can get...it's not being brave, it's being scared. I'm frightened of being dependant. I'm not frightened of pain, or debilitation or even death but the the lack of independence that might bring. I must discuss this with the psychiatrist next time I see him, if he's awake.

In the meantime I've been started on Diclofenac (sp) three times a day for the pain. This is the third day and it hasn't kicked in yet but I have noticed I'm more tired than usual. Fingerprick blood test the other day showed Hb of 91 so that's dropping a little. I don't know if it's the tablet or the Hb making me tired. It really doesn't matter. My old cat is comfortably curled up on my lap and only occasionally giving my iPad an annoyed look.

Just had a visit from the Jehovah's Witnesses. My mother, father, brother, sister in law and myself have all had blood transfusions, so I don't think they have much hope of converting us to their way of thinking. However, I respect their right to try. I like it when people are committed to a belief even if I don't have the same belief.

I might annoy "old Betty" and move her off my lap to make a cup of tea.

Regards

Chirley