View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 20, 2020, 06:11 AM

Hello John,
I freaked out. CoV cases in Houston was giving me stress, maybe that's why my gut went awry, diarrhea so bad I lost weight, and felt faint.
I called a doctor that was recommended, check up was 1850$, blood test 500-5000$ depends on what she wanted to check. Appointment the next week.
I saw the cost, and the timeline, and found I couldn't survive for the appointment, so that night I booked a flight and flew back the next morning for Tokyo, met my hematologist the next afternoon and got my blood counts. In Tokyo it was 80$, doctor, blood test and meds.

It was scary. Let's see, when I came to Houston I was fine, but as my gut gvhd worsened my red cells and platelets had gone down, calcium levels low, and lots of stuff were bad. That's how fast gut gvhd works.

I am fine now, lost a lot of weight. My husband is worried, he insists I stay in Tokyo awhile before flying off. Especially since coV rates have worsened in Texas.

How about you? How is Dallas?
Meri Tokuhara