View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 7, 2008, 06:36 AM

Update-08/07/2008

Any one out there with the same condition?

I know it has not been 2 weeks yet, but there were some developments. Yesterday pop went for his plates and blood. After the transfusion, his plates only went to 33 and his hemoglobin went to 8.2. Not the kick he was looking for. The second development is the Dr.'s report. They have concluded that Pop has MDS and AML at the same time, and his "cocktail" of Procrit, Neuprogin and ARA-C has kept him managed. {that was until he started rejecting the weekly neuprogin after over 9 months of use}

Like I said before, I always felt he was some sort of experiment. I hope the post will help those with Dr.'s that have head scratchers. Pop's Dr. kept looking, and noted inconsistencies for just being AML, or MDS. Too many connections.

Feed back?
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.