View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 20, 2012, 01:10 AM

Smile I take decogen

I am a 34yr old who was transplanted 08-31-2010 and had was diagnosed with MDS in feb. of 2010. My MDS turned to AML in June and then had the BMT. I was cancer free until sept. and the AML returned. They then gave me my donor cells again and I have now been cancer free since. I started decogen in may and I started by taking 3 days of treatment every 28 days. It has worked for me and I think the only side affect I have had has been that I get tired. Now I just get my testosterone shot (which is every 14 days) on my first day of treatment and that reduced the amount of tiredness I get. Now my Dr. Is raising my dosage to 5 days of treatment every 28 days so we will see how that goes. I will let u know.
One question I have is there is a shot that I can't remember the name of that they give you after the last day of treatment that is supposed to bring your levels back up faster. I hBave refused them because my levels have come back up on their own. I am wondering if I should take the shot on my next round of treatment since I am going from 3 days to 5 days of treatment? I think I may just take the shot but am wondering if anyone had any side affects to that. Really sorry I should have the name of the shot.
Well good luck everyone and have the best day you can! Stay Positive!
Bob.