View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 06:41 AM

Thank everyone for all the wonderful words of support.

Yes, Maria, I do have family. One of our daughter's who lives in Colorado (she's a Daddy's girl) actually quit her job last Friday when we got this last devastating news and is here with us. She has been my tower of strength. I had held it together until she got here and then I just fell apart and she has taken over for me. I think, "What would I have done if she weren't here," I'm so tired I can't even feel my body. But I think I've probably let down my guard because she is here and I know she will handle things and I don't have to do it all alone anymore. I hope I can be there for her when it all really hits her.
Wednesday night Al and I didn't sleep at all. Then he had the blood yesterday. Last night he slept but was busy, busy, busy all night long, talking in his sleep, working on something with his hands, and laughing. I could understand some of the things he said and some I couldn't.

I hope I'm not going to offend any of my forum friends but I have to post this.

At 3:47 a.m. he is talking in his sleep and he says, and I quote:
"Yankees are like hemorrhoids, they go south and won't go back up."
I cracked up laughing. I think they must have given him a comedian's blood yesterday. He was laughing off and on almost all night. I think he was in a happy place.
We have lots of family coming this weekend along with new three month old great grandbaby.
And I have this wonderful forum family in all of you that have carried me so many times and given me hope and strength. And I can sure use that strength now.
Hope your mom's treatment continues to go well. I was born at Crawford Long. And when my son was born there they asked at check-in, "Where were you born," and my husband or I one told them "Upstairs." They kind of looked at me funny and then I said, "I was born here in this hospital." I'm not going to say how many years though. Hope they've remodeled it since then.
Oh, me, here goes chatty cathy again, just rambling on and on.
Have a good day.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.