View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 1, 2011, 05:49 AM

please share lymphocytes counts before ATG, day1 of ATG and after 1 month of ATG

Hi All,

I have started this thread to share WBC differential count specially lymphocytes and neutrophils before ATG, day1 of ATG and after 1 of ATG.

we all or our relatives are suffering from Aplastic anemia, we share our feelings, questions, knowledge here for getting some ideas / hint from this forum.

Now, I want to make out a survey that in which patient after ATG course response came early and response came late. As per my knowledge it depends on lymphocytes counts. if you have a lower number of lymphocytes after ATG than you can get response early. and if you have a still higher lymphocytes after ATG you will get response late. Work of ATG is to kill the bad T-lymphocytes which attack on own stem cell. so when you take the ATG that T-lymphocytes are kill and after that you have to took the cyclosporine so that T-lymphocytes cannot be become active. When they finally turned off , they stop to attack on stem cell and and count start to grow. You can notice this from that on day1 of ATG , all your lymphocytes goes. after that they should be back but in range, not out of range or not as equal before ATG.

Anyway this is my theory, I want to make it confirm by comparing lymphocytes and nutrophils counts in all patient which have response came early and which have late.

please share your counts . I have started first from my one.

Differential WBC before ATG
neutrophils: 2%
Lymphocytes:95%

Differentia WBC day1 ATG
neutrophils: 44%
Lymphocytes:11%

Differentia WBC after 1 month of ATG
neutrophils: 2%
Lymphocytes:95%

please share yours in these terms.