View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 24, 2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASHMAC View Post
I would also like to understand more about whether cyclosporine at say 200mg a day is considered a high dose or relatively mundane.

With respect to the Campath it seems that this could be also an alternative option to taking cyclosporine and I could potentially have a one of monthly injection of Campath in lieu of the cyclosporine.
Hi TASHMAC,

Cyclosporine dosing is dependent on your weight.

4-6 mg/kg/day is considered a "standard dose", based on my expert doctor's opinion and other things that I have read.

I would consider anything under 3 mg/kg/day a low dose and anything over 6 mg/kg/day a high dose.

To find out what you are taking, convert your weight from pounds to kilograms by using a Google calculator. Then take your total daily dosage (200 mg) and divide it by your weight in kilograms. This will tell you how many mg/kg/day you are taking.

With regards to Campath, I wouldn't think of it as an alternative to Cyclosporine but as an alternative to Rabbit ALG. It leaves you with a higher risk of serious infections for a longer period of time then ATG.

Hopefully, the cyclosporine will work instead!