View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 12:10 PM

Introduction Akita / Margarete

Hi all,

after having posted a lot of things it seems necessary to introduce me.

I am glad to have found this forum from which i can learn much and also have questions answered. Actually i am also member in other Leukemia-related forums. My "Home-Forum" is the German-speaking "Leukämie Info aus Luxembourg" http://lil.lu/. It ist a closed forum with only 41 members. We communicate not only by the forum facilities, but also partly by facebook, and meet one another at least once a year.

My story:

1957 born in Vienna, Austria , Europe, and living there since my birth. Mothertongue German, English learned in school.
Divorced since 1983, three children.
Studied: Teacher, Attorney

1981 Psychosis part 1 with diagnosis schizoaffective psychosis (or similar, they did not tell me exactly,) treatment with leponex and other psychopharmaka, two months in hospital, then psychotherapy for many years.

1993 Psychosis part two, treatment with Leponex/Clozapine and other psychopharmaka. Founding a self-help group, active in self-help-movement. Favorizing alternative approaches to mental health - schizophrenia.

9/2007 Diagnosis of MDS RAEB 2 with transition to AML M2 after having been very tired for years without diagnosis. MDS/AML has probably been caused by the clozapine treatment. 4 chemotherapies- 2 inductions, 2 consolidations from 9/2007 to 2/2008 and allogeneic stemcell-transplantation in 4/2008 with full conditioning with high dosis Chemotherapy and TBI, happy and thankful for my mismatched donor. Hospitalized till 2/2009 with severe acute and since then chronical graft-versus-host-disease.

Actually retired until 3/2012, doing a few small voluntary jobs. Hematological in remission, chronical graft-versus-host-disease. Immunosuppressed. Several Therapies for GVHD (active, fighting). Next week i will start with a phototherapy adressing my sclerodermiform skin exanthems/GVHD.

Interested in peace work, medicine, integration pedagogics and patients self-help.

Happy to meet so friendly people in this forum! Thanks specially to Neil for his technical help!

Kind regards,

Margarete

Last edited by akita : Fri Dec 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM.