View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 12, 2009, 04:17 AM

Frustrated

Isn't it frustrating when you do everything you're told and you still don' t get better?

I'm still on the CADD pump at home with Cephazolin 1g every 8 hours, I'm going to day care every day for 240mgs of Gentamycin and today the haematologist added Dicloxacillan 500mgs every six hours orally. It's not working. Yes, the fever is gone but the ankle is extremely swollen (can't move the joint due to swelling). It is also very red and reasonably painful to walk on.

I was almost accused of walking on it too much. (I wish). I was told that if it doesn't start improving soon, I'll have to go back into hospital.

I'm resting, iceing and elevating the leg. I'm not using a compression bandage because I was told not to. Any suggestions for reducing the swelling? I thought maybe some light massage by one of my friends but I'm a bit afraid because it's so tender.

The ultrasound showed that I had fluid in the achilles bursa and in the anterior and posterior tibial tendons. As well as diffuse oedema and hyperaemia of the tissues. No collection or abscess was shown. It said that I had severe cellulitis, this despite having been on antibiotics for many days by the time the ultrasound was done.

Please, if you have any suggestions. I would be very grateful. I HATE HOSPITAL.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion