View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 17, 2009, 03:46 AM

Hi, I was wondering if the skin discoloration around my ankle would improve. I have Hirudoid cream but hadn't thought of it for the ankle. It can be bought over the counter at the pharmacy here but it's quite expensive at $16.00 for a tube about 2 centimetres long.

The good news is that I have had the CADD pump removed and I don"t need to go to day care for extra antibiotics. The not so good news is that, the infection is still there and I need to take oral antibiotics for at least another 3-4 weeks.

My doctor wants me to apply a compression bandage to my foot, heel and ankle. I asked him if I could wear a compresssion stocking instead and for some reason, he wasn't happy with that. The infection is still making my counts drop and he wanted to give me another transfusion today but day care was very busy, so I'm having the transfusion on Tuesday instead. If I had had a transfusion today, it would have made 4 transfusions in 10 days.

I am very grateful for blood donors, what would we do without them?

It's a beautiful Thursday evening here and I'm going to sit in the garden and enjoy.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion