View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 12, 2009, 05:51 AM

Vidaza

Hi Helen,
You know I think we should never try to guess anything about prognosis because we really don't know much about the prognosis for each patient.

One thing that we do know is that if Vidaza has not given positive results after six cycles the possibility for a positive result is low. How many cycles have your husband received? Did his counts get better or have they been low during the whole treatment?

If he did respond I think it is correct to continue the Vidaza treatment but if he never responded I think you should ask for some other treatment.

Your husband have very good supportive treatment !

It is interesting that your husband is getting both Desferal and Exjade - it is very uncommon. I am going to ask my dr if I can take Desferal and Exjade alternating. I get Desferal in my port 4 days with transfusions and would like to start with Exjade one day after Desferal and stop Exjade 3 days before transfusion and Desferal. 1000 mg Exjade per day decreased my white blood cells but my transfusion interval increased from 3 to 6 weeks so I would like to try 250 mg initially.

Kind regards
Birgitta-A