View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 28, 2012, 09:39 PM

Good news to share

Hi All,

Just to share some good news, my mom went to the goverment hospital (state hospital) last week and the hematologist actually did all kind of test including EPO and others like ALT, ALP, albumin, chloride, Sodium, Potasium and many more. I will attached all the test reports here once i have them as normally it takes few weeks for the hospital to come back with the results. The BMB is arrange on 7th Nov.

According to the hematologist, they will try the treatment options accordingly if my mom is diagnose with MDS or AA.

The hematologist actually mentioned about using cyclosporine again with higher dosage (maybe 100mg/day), EPO + growth hormones and other treatment options which make us see the hope that they know how to treat my mom's.

Creatinine tested okie at 0.054. According to my sister, this value is within the ref range.

Many thanks to you again Hopeful , as you told me that maybe cyclosporine is too low for my mom and we brought this up to the hematologist and he agreed that the dosage is definitely too low.
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015