View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 1, 2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk007 View Post
Hi Jill - I've had 10 Rounds so I asked the same question. I was told liver and kidney but they monitor that every month when they draw blood before chemo. The brain @ Weill Cornell said that there is a subset of people that have been on it for "years", in his speak that means more than 5. He said its a small fraction that are on it long, long term as your doc said. How are the Zofran tablets working for you? I'm going to ask about switching to subcutaneous injections as I don't like sitting in that chair every 5 weeks for 5 days. One of the nurses their told me people DO go from IV to injections but 10x more go from the shots to IV because of the skin reactions. Won't hurt to ask the Heme about it worst he can say is no.
Take Care, Steve
Steve,
The Zofran tablets are working out fine, although it has not cut down on my treatment time. I have my infusions done at a local hospital and the pharmacy tends to take forever because they supply meds to other areas besides outpatient chemo. The nurse can't order the Vidaza until I am seated and have vitals taken. This week I was there on average 2 1/2 hours. My hematologists office will soon be approved to give infusions though and that should cut down on my "chair time" significantly. My hematologist at Stanford thinks switching to injections is not a good idea. What did your doctor say?
Jill
Jill, 58 y/o female dx with MDS-U June 2008, IPSS:Int. 2. Allogeneic SCT May 25, 2010. Relapsed January 2011. Started Vidaza (azacitadine) Feb. 2011; Currently on cycle #58 , IV, 5-days every six weeks. WBC 5.3, Hgb 13.0, PLT 110 (2/16/18)