View Single Post
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 10:28 AM

Abs Monocytes level

Zoe, according to my paperwork by latest abs monocyte count is 176. It states normal is 200-950 cells/uL. Over the last 9 months this count has changed from 286 to 211 to the 176. It also lists a percentage on the same report with no "reference range guidelines." Maybe this is what you are referring to? Those numbers are 5.4% 4.3% and the latest is 3.2. This is really the number that is most concerning to me because after looking up the function of absolute monocytes I am finding that if they are low, it is showing that there is some kind of bone marrow damage and this seems like quite a rapid drop over the last 9 months. All of the other levels could be attributed to a B12 deficiency.

As for now, I have cancelled the BMB that was scheduled for July 13 with the original Hema, and am anxiously looking forward to my appointment with the hema at the James Hospital.

This is quite a life changing experience and I am definitely so grateful for every day that I have to watch my son and my family! If this turns out to be a B12 problem, I will definitely remain an advocate for those with MDS! People need to know about this especially with it happening now with so many more people! If it does turn out to be the beginning of MDS, I am still here too and will ride this rollercoaster until they figure it out! I am not a person who will give up at this point! I have so much to stay here for

Have a great Memorial Day weekend friends!