View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 18, 2015, 05:24 PM

don't give up!!!

It is so difficult to fight the fight for yourself and it is worth your efforts as long as you can...this is my 4th year... With the change in local politicians i feel like I am starting all over again.
I am a widow of a Vietnam vet who died from MDS in 203 at the ripe old age of 53; he had been diagnosed 8 years prior.
There are no studies -internationally- that have or are investigating the cause of MDS as it relates to chemicals, environment, herbicides. rightfully, the dollars are being spent on cures, meds, treatments. That doesn't help trying to get the Federal Board to see a need to spend tax dollars on the cause studies...without those the fed vets "just say no". Regional courts have ruled in favor of MDS claimants AND that does not mean the suit was settled in favor...it is law that the Fed court systems' decisions may override regional decisions . Many cases are settled after the claimants' death.

MDS does not effect a high enough % of the population to demand big research dollars, so what do we do? Nag, present claims, demand data and present a good fight....maybe someday.
I thank every Vet for serving our country in addition to warfare our servicemen of Vietnam were provided an unsafe workplace due to the chemicals of Operation Ranch Hand at a minimum and they did their job.