View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 21, 2015, 06:17 PM

MDS, Agent Orange And The VA

To Bob McFarlane and all the others fighting the battle on MDS as related to Agent Orange exposure I commend your efforts. This is my first post here. I came across this web forum yesterday (Friday February 20th).

I was diagnosed with MDS in the fall of 2014. I went through four months of chemo shots. I had a bone marrow biopsy on February 5, 2015, and was told by my Oncologist on February 18th that I now had zero blasts, and would be placed in an ongoing maintenance program.

I am currently rated at 90 VA disabled, as of August 2014, with 60 percent of that as a result of Agent Orange exposure while in Vietnam in 1969 and 1970. I have fought the battle with the VA since what seems like forever. I have a number of appeals still pending, going back to 2010.

Since I already have proof of Agent Orange exposure, I will be submitting a new claim next week regarding the MDS situation. I am prepared to join the fight along with the rest of you.

Bob or anyone else involved who might have suggestions on how to best approach the VA on this my email address is williamhaas@comsouth.net. i look forward to being a part of your efforts.