View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 25, 2007, 05:50 PM

Additional Thoughts

June:

Sorry to learn of your dad's condition. Sounds like you are on the right track with the other posts to date about this interesting, mysterious and insidious disease of MDS. As others have mentioned, each case is different. I can't add much to what others have said as I am a nyophyte to MDS. If you haven't yet scrolled down on the home page to "Tell Your Story," I suggest you do so as there are quite a few stories that may give you some background, mine also is there along with others. Perhaps you already have joined several national foundations that have excellent educational materials. If not, I suggest you contact each for materials and a membership is only $20per year with periodic mailings from each.

National MDS Foundations: www.aamds.org (Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation) and www.mds-foundation.org (MDS Foundation). I joined both in February 2006 and have benefited from their materials.

Good luck to your dad, you and your family. The educational materials of the foundations are great!

larry gard