View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 16, 2008, 11:43 AM

Skin Rash

Hi Donna E

As you can see Neil is the expert on this site. He has the info you need to post your pics and give great advice on matters concerning MDS.

I definately will help to promote the web site you recommended. Large number of cord blood donations would be a God send. Keep up the good work.

I spoke to my wife about the rash she has, and she described it in the same way you described your dad's problem. Except her's is a vary minor rash that she treated right away with Fluocinonide Cream USP 0.05%. Nellie has Lupus and often has skin irritations that she treats with this cream.. We don't know if the cream improved the symptom or not, but it seemed to help. It has been two weeks since she ended her second round of Vidaaza so it may also be that she just had some time to heal. We will watch again for symptoms when she starts her Vidaza again. Hope this helps.

Looking forward to your post with pictures.. God Bless.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.