View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 16, 2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESeda View Post
Hi Donna E

As you can see Neil is the expert on this site. He has the info you need to post your pics and give great advice on matters concerning MDS.

I definately will help to promote the web site you recommended. Large number of cord blood donations would be a God send. Keep up the good work.

I spoke to my wife about the rash she has, and she described it in the same way you described your dad's problem. Except her's is a vary minor rash that she treated right away with Fluocinonide Cream USP 0.05%. Nellie has Lupus and often has skin irritations that she treats with this cream.. We don't know if the cream improved the symptom or not, but it seemed to help. It has been two weeks since she ended her second round of Vidaaza so it may also be that she just had some time to heal. We will watch again for symptoms when she starts her Vidaza again. Hope this helps.

Looking forward to your post with pictures.. God Bless.

Eli

Hi Eli,

Nellie is one lucky woman!! You sound like a great husband. My mom is terrific with my Dad too. I have been sooooo proud of her and the way she takes care of him. I want to clarify that the site www.cordofhope.com is to encourage new parents to privately bank their child's cord blood for their child so that years from now if a child gets one of 70 different illnesses, including MDS, they will have a good way to treat it. I also definitely encourage parents to donate the umbilical stem cells as well, rather than do nothing with them. It is such a waste for people to have babies and dispose of these special stem cells. I am trying so hard to educate expectant parents about this valuable resource. One day the hope is that there will be a way to take the small amount of cells banked and multiply them for more uses and for a larger person. I appreciate you telling new expectant parents about this site and for all the support you give to this forum. I just found it and am soooo happy because I find I have something positive to do with my feelings of frustration . . . I will let me parents know about this skin medicine. Thanks Eli . . . hug your wife for me! -- Donna

Last edited by Donna E : Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: grammar change