View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 7, 2014, 10:09 AM

Smile Many Thanks

Marlene,
Thanks again for the info. I have done a lot of reading on AA on the web. Probably so much that I am irritating my wife but she is pretty patient with me. I guess I am a little too "old school" and take what the doc says as the gospel. I am slowing getting out of that mentality.

I watched a webinar by Dr. Amy E. DeZern, MD, MHS, Assistant Professor of Oncology at Johns Hopkins. It was really good. I may download it and put it on a DVD so my wife can watch it if my doc decides I do have AA.

In my research I have seen a couple risk factors for AA. Three of them that I have seen are 1) ionizing radiation; 2) NSAIDs; and 3) having had sepsis. I have had all three of those in the past few years. The radiation was high dose rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer. I took the NSAIDs (Naproxen) for over 20 years for degenerative joint disease. The sepsis was in conjunction with being hospitalized for anemia. I was also exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam but I don't think there is an association between AA and AO.

Thanks again for the post. I know I am obsessing about this and try not to talk about it all the time. It is nice to be able to talk to someone who is familiar with AA.

Give my best to your husband!!!