View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 1, 2013, 12:33 PM

anangel8,

You might want to see if they can switch her over to Dacogen, as some on here have had success even after Vidaza stopped working... It's been said that they are very similar, and the likelihood of the second one working is very low, but very low is still better than not...

I also think that the resting period (personal opinion) in between treatments is too short, ie. 1 week on / 3 weeks off, I personally went 1 week on / 4 weeks off (due to a cold)... I think that this made a big difference, since my ANC (Neutrophils) were down to .5, WBC down to 1.7 after only 3 weeks past the 1st Dacogen treatment... That 4th week did wonders for my recovery ANC = 1, and WBC = 1.8 , and did not at all affect my second round of Dacogen.

After my 2nd round my ANC were up to 3, WBC up to 4.1 and this only a few days after my 2nd 5 day treatment...

I'm no doctor, and my advice is only anecdotal, but sometimes you have to question, and suggest alternatives...

Wishing you and your Mom only the best.
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)

Last edited by Whizbang : Tue Oct 1, 2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: edit