View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 03:40 PM

Angry Up and down emotional swing

Hi - In this past week - Actually since last Friday - Between my doctor and the insurance office - I have been approved - disapproved - and approved and disapproved for my treatment. My emotions and nerves at this point are distroyed. I have been on Dacogen - no good for me - caused more chromosome abnormalities - Vidaza - caused more chromosome problems - now it show C Kit positive (which I still am not too sure of) Doctor suggests Gleeve (which is very good for the C Kit positive problem now) - Insurance thru my employer (which I work for a hospital and the hospital owns the company and most of the doctors that are in our system) has farmed out to a company which says it is for you (the patient) but is paid thru the insurance company and doctors (who remember are owned by the hospital) to ok the treatment for the patient. Tell me this is not a catch 22 --- I am sorry if I sound perturbed cause this has really put me in very digusted mood. I am trying to work fulltime, keep my pay so I can for my insurance to pay the doctors and pharmacy (which by the way the hospital also owned till they got a lease thru another pharmacy chain for a couple of years and then go back to the same as they were before- explain that one to me cause I am lost in the translation on that one). I guess I am just letting some steam off but I would truly appreciate any comments as to what to do - or just let your steam out too!
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -