Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 12, 2011, 02:49 PM

*sigh*

I am writing from my hospital room on IV antibiotics for the fever I couldn't shake with oral antibiotics. They have me on quite a cocktail! And of course, there is no worse place to be to try and feel better! Need more blood, after getting a tranfusion Friday--that is a first..could that be from the fever?

My cbc this am WBC .7; Pl 32 (up 2k) and Hgb 8.6....

Anyway, after looking more at the Estybon trial, didn't I see that there was 2-5 days IV and with a complete response, the life expectancy is avg 40 weeks? Less than 1 year? Correct me if I am wrong, please....but wouldn't that be a huge lifestyle change as well as a regime of treatment to survive to get more treatment?.........at least this trial is doable on so many levels, that the process won't add to my stress/exhaustion levels as if I would have to go to New York City or Long Island.......

In the meantime, no one from my local oncologist office is making rounds for 2 weeks.......... I know my Dr is on vacation, but....I am advising the nurses and the hospitalist of my regimen, and thankfully, they aren't fighting me!
I'm telling you, it's tough being the patient, my own advocate, and my own doctor too!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly