Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 19, 2011, 08:46 AM

Hi Paula
Thanks for the message--I will call you soon....

I got out of the hospital on Thurs--no conclusive tests for any infections.....
I had these weird little red bumps that had a blisterish top you could pick off....they only itched slightly, or not at all. Most across my chest, a couple of dozen at most.
Had 2 units blood while in hosp....last Wednesday.
Discharged with Famvir and Levaquin.......

Could this be a virus of some sort?

I still have this pesky fever--last nite it went over 101 again; Tylenol, lots of H20, cold shower finally brought it under control, and its around 99 this am.....

I feel like the other day, my armpit lymphnodes were swollen, then the last new thing was joint pain...both sides of my hips (could barely lift my leg) and I woke up with ankle pain today.
Tests for Lyme, etc all came back negative.

Yesterday's CBC--W .6; Hgb 9.9; Platelets 37...huh? they went up from 25!
Still really nervous about the low white count......Neupogen seems to exacerbate the fever...

I am so confused! And overall, just tired....and I just feel that I'm fighting something.....and to add insult to injury, my Dr is out of the country, his senior partner broke both arms, and the other 2 associates are overwhelmed and didn't even make rounds or consult with anyone for the past 2 weeks!
I so appreciate your support and positive wishes and prayers.......as I said yesterday, if prayers can heal a person, then I am good to go!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly