Thread: LOW White Count
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 22, 2011, 07:21 PM

Thanks Deb. I guess I wouldn't be so weirded out by the low wbc if I didn't have a fever and seem so lethargic.........usually I have pretty good energy. Nervous about going to public places or going swimming in a lake or river...

All I wanted to do today was sleep.....I literally laid around all day and took 2 naps. No way was I venturing out in 100+ heat either.

Saw the infectious disease Dr yesterday and no theories...will test for cmv virus, but since I'm virtually asymptomatic on the infection front, we are all stumped. Fever all day 100+--to 101+ and back again...lots of water but WHY am I so tired? Hemo yesterday was 9.3--I've had hemo of 7 and not been this tired....is it the contant fever? And my platelets held steady enough this week (30k)--for the first time in a long time, I didn't get transfused..and I feel so lousy, I can't take advantage of it! (translate: doing something FUN this weekend!)

I hope this pesky fever will not inhibit my chances for the clinical trial........
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly