View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 1, 2009, 05:58 PM

e1905 Clinical Trial w/o MS-275 (Lab Results 7/01/09)

Today (7/01/09) was Ron's 8th Day of his 4th Cycle of Vidaza on this clinical trial. He's scheduled for at least 6 cycles, then, will have another BMB to check progress. Today I was hoping the doc would say he's ready for a BMB now and we could see progress, but, the doctor said the BMB will be after the completion of Cycle #6. He said, for now, a BMB is not necessary, that, the blood counts are showing definate response to treatment. Ron will stay on schedule for a 6th cycle BMB.

LAB RESULTS:

HGB 15.2, Hemacrit 43.9%, RBC 4.40, WBC 3.7, Neutrophils 42%, PLT 236

Overall everything down a little bit, except for Platelets, they've risen. I was concerned, but, the doctor said we should be very happy, as the numbers do bounce up and down for everyone.. with or without MDS... that there weren't significant drops on anything and these results still show overall progress from where we started. Of course, the HGB is normal range, so, that's not a big concern... I just want the WBCs to behave right now and continue to climb up into the "Normal Range"...

Today though, they took Ron off the daily antibiotic. They don't feel it's necessary at this point and don't want to over use it.

Will post Lab results again next week...
Take Care & Praise God in all things.
Cindy

Last edited by launch : Wed Jul 1, 2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: re-wording to remove confusion about scheduled BMB.