View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 6, 2009, 07:26 PM

Talking

Birgitta,
Thanks! After Ron was a bit bummed last week when his WBCs were 2.5 (equates to 2500), I decided to list it out like this to compare his progress... let's just say, I'm with you... his improved HGB and even WBCs are amazing. I may have to pull out his original blood counts, because, before treatment, he was down to .70 and 1.2 (equates to 700-1200) on his WBCs and his PLTs were 82 (equates to 82,000). His HGB was going down rapidly and he was obviously going to need transfusions every other week since first dx.

We're so fortunate for this Clinical Trial... Low dose Vidaza, although it's 10-Days in a row of injections... has little side effects for Ron. His teeth pain didn't occur at all last cycle, and the only thing Ron complains about is, approx 3 days after his chemo (Vidaza) treatment, he feels kind of wierd. He says he's not tired, but, that he feels a bit "Jittery" ... like his sugar is out of whack, but, he is not diabetic or anything....

Have a Wonderful Week! If you ever go on Vidaza... I hope you do as well as Ron's doing! This low dose treatment, as you've stated before, seems perfect for Ron!

Hugs, Cindy