View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 28, 2009, 08:09 PM

Thank you...

Birgitta,
Thanks again for your "up-lifting spirit"... I appreciate your references and your posts! Reading the article helps me to understand more about the blast cells and see that his results are, in fact, awesome! I also keep reminding Ron, and myself :-) that, it's better to be cancelling a trip due to a scheduling conflict vs a required transfusion, etc.... better to have MDS under control, even if it means we delay a trip or change up a week.... it's just nice that we can now plan... as compared to how it was back in Early Spring... So, we are Blessed, and we Thank God for Ron's response to Vidaza. He has a wonderful team of doctors...

Before Wednesday, I also have another question... I know, I know... don't quit a "Winning Team" ;-) But, I wondered, Ron could go on 5 Days vs 10 Days... it would be the same dosage for each day.... (105mg)... the only difference would be, he would only get 5 Days vs 10 Days. The change would require he come off the clinical trial. My concern is, are there any studies showing the 10 Days is much better than 5 Days? If not, then, I'm thinking, the less toxins (chemo/Vidaza) in the system, the better... BUT, only if the 5 Days is proven to do the same as 10 Days??? Any advice? Ron has decided, whatever the doctor tells him to do is what he'll do, and I'm with him, but, I do have concern about taking extra days of chemo if not a benefit...

on the Flip-Side though, as you stated in another post, MDS is many diseases with shared symptoms. So, who really knows if the 10 Days may have caused Ron to respond so nicely, where the 5 Days may not have? I thought the response percentage was approx 50% to Vidaza, but, I've learned it's actually less than 50%, so, we should be thankful... and think twice before changing things up.....

<Lots to Think About>
Cindy