View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 8, 2011, 10:41 AM

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'd like to know if MDS is the cause and I do think I should just know and can be prepared. I'm going to mull it over (getting the BMB). I'm scared of the actual BMB procedure. That is what is stopping me. I really, really hate to say that out loud but it's the truth.

I was on a plane yesterday and met a Dr. from Tucson who was an oncologist/hematologist. She was so incredibly sweet, and I asked her several questions. She was very encouraging in saying that medicine is progressing so quickly and new treatments are being developed all the time. She mentioned the first epigenetic drug 5-azacytidine that was in trial when she was in medical school and is now being used. I imagine you've heard of it. I watched a video on YouTube called "The Ghost in Your Genes" that mentioned it. (Super interesting, by the way!) Anyway, she seemed very hopeful about new treatments that are coming out. I wish you the best of luck in your drug trial. I so hope it works for you, Steve!

Stephanie