View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 9, 2012, 08:59 PM

Hi all!

When my hgb hits 8.5 territory, I generally start to feel a little ragged. More blood pounding in the ears, less energy, more need for a nap, less productivity, less ability to do the chores I need to do around the house.

Just today I was supposed to break out the chainsaw and clear up a lot of brush around the outbuildings. But the hangover from an endoscopy yesterday, combined with the low Hgb, meant I felt thoroughly trashed. I basically sat in front of my computer getting practically nothing done until about 5:00 pm, when I finally woke up enough to edit a news report on a county commissioners meeting. It's four hours later, and I'm basically trashed. Though I should be able to get up enough energy to get that story up on the web.

And, to Ann's original question, none of that makes one feel particularly positive about oneself.

Blood tomorrow, but, like a lot of you, I won't expect to feel much in the way of positive effects from that, energy-wise, until Sunday or Monday. And I do find that the recovery time varies form one transfusion to the next, though I'm not sure just why that is.

It's a bit of a roller-coaster, but better than the alternative! We'll keep cheating that gator as long as we can, right Cheri?

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com