View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 12, 2010, 02:16 PM

Thanks for posting that link, Hopeful.

I'm with the others in pushing for a slower taper. My husband is one who relapsed after a quick taper, and we had to start all over again. His doctor at the time didn't think it would matter, but I suspect he was more familiar with cyclosporine use in organ transplant patients than with the unique dynamics of ATG/cyclo and AA patients. If you can show your doctor some hard evidence in the form of a study, you may be able to have a more productive conversation.

I like Neil's idea of playing it by ear based on test results. That in itself would probably necessitate a slower taper in order to make sure your counts have stabilized at each level before making the next reduction. Seems like a common sense approach, and if you are not currently having problems with creatinine or blood pressure from the cyclo, I don't think the added risk of prolonging it a bit is enough to outweight the risk of relapse.