View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 27, 2011, 02:04 PM

That's great you were able to accompany your dad to all his appointments, unfortunately, we're not able to do the same for dad... He has an appointment every week and due to work, we do not have that freedom. My nephew has been visiting from England for a few months and has been taking dad, but he's leaving tomorrow, so dad will have to start taking a taxi by himself again.

I agree our aging parents do not understand or know which questions to ask...they just want to get the appointment over and done with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop View Post
I went with my dad to all his appts with his oncologist so I would know firsthand what was going on. I think when our parents are aging they don't really understand what is going on or what questions to ask. I think it is great you are going along with him!
Dad (83) DX w/MDS-RARS on 6/10/06.Prev treated w/Vidaza & Thalomid w/o success. Treated w/Decitabine w/some imprv discont after no resp. TX dep as of Aug'10 (evry 2-3 wks). Curr tkg Revlimid since Feb'11. Exjade since Apr'11. Recd lwr dsg decitabine on 6/6/11 in comb w/rev.