View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 24, 2014, 04:46 PM

Thank you Ruth. Funny story about your Mom. I would have loved to see the face of the store clerk.

Interesting about the toothpaste as I had just changed to a new type (Natures Gate natural) & it has peppermint. The previous Natures Gate one was spearmint, so yes, likely this impacted my flare-up.

Is the Closys mouth rinse different than the Clobestal gel? If they're different, do you just use the gel now? Also, do you prefer them to the oral dexamethasone rinse?

I started having some minor oral GVHD again in December after I got sick from eating shrimp. But it was very low level until I "indulged" on two 1oz beer tastings this week, which was also 2 days after I started using the new toothpaste. I felt a major change/flare up in my mouth 1 hour after drinking the beer. So no more of that for a while (& likely no more shellfish forever as I seem to have developed a shell fish allergy or intolerance - this also happened with crab & lobster in the fall. A bit bummed but I can definitely live well & happy without it).

Ciao