View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 23, 2010, 08:59 PM

I came across an article in the WSJ about a 70 yr old Doctor doing Triathlons, I use his diet as the basis of what I'm eating although I pass on the wine as that is toxic to marrow. Here is the cut and paste on that and the link.

The Diet

Before Dr. Maroon started running, his meals consisted of doughnuts, sugary cereals, hamburgers and hot dogs. "Now, I consider all of that poison," he says. "The body is a fine-tuned machine. It needs the right fuel."

Dr. Maroon is a proponent of the Mediterranean diet—lots of fruit, vegetables and protein. "I avoid all whites," he says. "No white rice, sugar, pasta, salt." Dr. Maroon eats salmon, which is rich in Omega-3 fats, three to four days a week. He eats foods that he says naturally reduce inflammation, such as green tea, which he drinks three times a day.

For breakfast, he makes a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, bananas and nuts and will also have a poached egg with a piece of lox for extra protein. Lunch is a turkey sandwich on whole-wheat bread and a piece of probiotic dark chocolate. For dinner, Dr. Maroon cooks his salmon with steamed asparagus, Brussels sprouts or broccoli, and will drink a glass of red wine.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...YWORDS=surgeon