View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 25, 2014, 02:44 PM

AAteen,
I am so sorry that you and your family are going thru this. It isn't easy, I know first hand. We have many of the same questions and concerns that you have.

Question: How long was your niece on Cyclosporine and how quickly did they taper the med?
Does your country say when they might allow clinical trials of Promacta? As you have probably read, NIH reports very promising results with few side effects from the med. NIH had such positive results in SAA, GSK is applying for the med to be fast tracked so it will be available for patients outside of clinical trail. NIH is also offering a Promacta trial for moderate AA.

I am curious about the B mismatch. Did your doctors give you information what is to be expected with this mismatch..? Will they handle the transplant any different than a 10/10 match. Do they plan on using stem cells or bone marrow donor cells? I have heard different opinions on this topic from staff at transplant centers here in the US and am wondering what your docs recommend.

Please know that I am thinking about you and your family. Please keep us posted.