View Single Post
Old Sat May 28, 2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimO View Post
We were praying for a definitive answer and the doctor actually said if she recommended Shauna for transplant she would be laughed out of the room and then fired. It couldn't have been more definitive than that. Hopefully the BMB this summer will be normal again and she can concentrate on getting into nursing school and getting on with her life.
That does sound pretty definitive, Kim. I don't know about you, but I would be feeling pretty relieved to hear that, despite the fact that it doesn't exactly resolve all the issues.

We were in a similar position, with our hem/onc saying he couldn't imagine the transplant team not recommending BMT. Well, guess what, they reviewed his case and did not recommend it. We were relieved, and his counts have continued to improve, even though it means he's still on cyclosporine. Sometimes there is no clear "right" answer, but erring on the side of caution seems like the better option to me.