View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 25, 2011, 12:05 PM

neuropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick S View Post
I had a neuropathy in both my feet and my toes turned purple and itched and stung. Went to neurologist and after a battery of test he determined it was Erythromalalgia which can be caused by MDS. He wanted to do some more test and obviously get more money out of me, but I noticed the website he was using and he wouldn't tell me the remedy. So, I went home and looked up what he was looking at on that website and it said the only cure for it was plain old ASPIRIN! ***** Now, be careful here and consult with your doctor because aspirin will thin your platelets.***** I checked with my Onc and he said give it a try. I took one daily dose of 3 at a time 325mg aspirin and repeated it the next day and the purple and itching and all went away. It mildly re-occurs from time to time and I just repeat and it goes away.
You may not have the same thing as I did , so please consult with your doctor before trying this, I am merely telling you what worked for me and I don't even play a doctor on TV.
Look up Erythromalagia yourself and see if it's similar first.
Thankyou Dick S. I am already taking one baby aspirin a day (for heart problems and to prevent the blood clots that are another side effect of Revlimid) and I will run what you tell me by the Oncology pharmacist and my own oncologists when I see them. Rest assured, I will never take any kind of medication without their approval.

Some days the neuropathy is better than others (it's usually a kind of numb feeling) but if I am not too well, it goes up my legs a bit also. It's usually better in the mornings, and improves when I keep moving around too, but by bedtime I can hardly feel my feet sometimes. They haven't turned purple or started hurting yet, so I suppose that's something to be thankful for.

Thanks again for the info. I will look up erythromalagia on a good web site.