Thread: Home BUT ....
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 15, 2012, 10:43 PM

Linda;
Hope Al is doing better today. If Al's oxygen saturation (SATS) are 92 or above, there is no need for added oxygen. But, if it drops below that - yes - he needs supplemental oxygen. If, in the future, your Dr. feels Al needs oxygen and you get a home respiratory company - make sure you tell the Doc you want an oxygen concentrator - NOT the big green tanks. Because when you get a concentrator - it takes the oxygen out of the room air, and you can use as much as you need - it is not metered like the tanks are. And you can get the portable tanks to fill from the concentrator. The only metered tanks you will need are 2 of the three foot tanks, and that would be in case the electricity was interrupted for a period of time.
And I fully understand what you mean about wishing it were you instead of Al. I always ask God to take this disease away from Earl - and if someone in this house has to have it, then let it be me. We have been married 41 1/2 years, so I completely understand. Earl is laid back and easy going - but you would think by now he would know better when it comes to his health. Today - we had our emergency appointment with what I thought was the Gastroenterologist. But, they somehow forgot to tell me that they made the appointment with the PA - and she was green - just out of school. She had no experience with MDS, let alone APS or Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis. She didn't even look at Earl's med list - which I provided - until I suggested that she do so - then she asked me what Arixtra, Dacogen and Neulasta were used for. Now - all of a sudden - my husband has a heart murmur - per her - and she wants him to have a heart cath and abdominal CAT scan before they even consider the upper and lower GI along with the mid section camera scan. More money out of our pockets again. Sorry for the tyrade - but when I know more than the supposed professional does - it makes me worry.
Take care everyone - and well wishes to all of our loved ones with this disease.

((((HUGS))))
Beth

Last edited by milliken2 : Wed Aug 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: forgot words