View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2012, 06:12 AM

Hi Sandi, I remember speaking to you on the MDS forum. Yes it is amazing how one phone call can change everything! I went to the doctor on Wednesday morning, had a blood test at 10:00, got call from doctors at 3:30 pm, saw a hematologist on Thursday was admitted to hospital Thursday, and had bmb on Friday morning!! Still seems crazy months later!I am having my 3rd bmb on Monday of which the main purpose is to find out if vidaza is working. I also found the talk blood cancer forum wasn't very active compared to here. However marrowforums helped me alleviate some worrying and stress, not only find others with so much wisdom but also all of a sudden a platelet count of 30 to 40 was good compared to others! It was comforting to know people could live with platelets way lower. anyway enough from me.. welcome to the forums!! I am glad Paul's neutrophils have responded so well to treatment. Good luck and here's hoping you hear good news of a sibling match soon. Sharnie.