View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 21, 2010, 10:02 PM

Yikes! I have to admit to chuckling over your story (you have a gift for telling) but your experience sounds horrid! I've had 4 BMB's with liberal quantities of lidocaine and never had any problems. The Nurse Practitioner did have some difficulty finding the bone one time due to my generously padded behind! After the BMB's, I never tried anything more strenuous than riding in the car to brunch and afterwards depositing myself in the recliner with my computer or ipad or a stack of movies for the rest of the day. I'm glad to hear you fully recovered by the next day.

Sounds like maybe a muscle spasm? I had something like that happen unrelated to any specific event in a grocery store a couple of years ago. I got a terrible pain in my thigh that instantly doubled me over the side of my shopping cart in the cereal aisle. I didn't even have the strength to push the cart. I grabbed the shelf and sort of hopped on one foot and, trying not to knock over the Cheerios, Rice Krispies, and Cocoa Puffs along the way, propelled myself to a bench in the nearby pharmacy section. After about 10 minutes, the cramp subsided and I hightailed it to the checkout and home without further shopping that day. Thankfully, I've never had anything like that before or since.
Karen, age 62, dx MDS RAEB-2 1/8/10: pancytopenia WBC 2.7k/Hgb 7.4/Hct 22.1/Plt 19k; complex cytogenetics -3,del(5)(q14q33),-6,+8,+mar,17% blasts. MUD BMT Johns Hopkins 11/30/10. Dx tongue cancer 8/31/12. ok now. blog mausmarrow.com