View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 3, 2012, 07:00 PM

Wow, Sally, that is such great news. I know y'all are thrilled. I can remember when we were thankful for platelets of 40,000, so it's kind of scary now with them hovering around 16,000. But we're more concerned with the blasts now as they seem to be going up rapidly. Since we weren't able to get into Moffitt before next week, Al is going to have to have another BMB before they will start him on anything else, I'm afraid, since his last BMB done on June 5th at NIH is only good for 30 days. We did everything in our power to try and get him in sooner, but to no avail.
I am just glad that Don has been helped and NIH worked out so well for y'all. God bless you both. And I continue to thank you for your help and support.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.