View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 27, 2008, 02:41 AM

Neupogen - Effects on Blood Tests?

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to help me out. My father just started Neupogen shots two weeks ago with the hopes that they will boost his WBC. He started with one shot per day and his WBC has gone from .3 to 10 (which is wonderful because the doctor wasn't sure it was going to work at all). He is now down to three shots per week.

I noticed though that immediately after he started taking these shots, his monocytes started increasing and blasts went from less than 0.1 to .2. In addition NRBC went from 3.0 to 14.0

I am having some major problems trying to understand the above results (firstly, is 0.1 equal to 10% and thus his blasts have gone from 10% to 20% in the week he's taken the neupogen)?

Secondly, are these types of changes in blood tests associated with neupogen (I can't seem to find any correlation and it could be a coincidence but they seem to be significant changes in a short period of time; I'm believing less and less in coincidences these days.).

Is there anyone who can tell me if this happened to them and HOW concerned I should be about the most recent results? I can't seem to find any related questions on the site...

Many thanks,

Jennifer