View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 06:02 PM

Revlimid with Exjade

I started with Exjade in March and Revlimid in May. I was only able to take Revlimid (Revl) at 10mg for 10 days when platelets and WBC's lowered to the point where I needed Neupogen and Platelet transfusion. I was off Revl until my counts became acceptable in July and used Revl at 5 Mg for 20 days when the counts were again too low. At that point my hemo and I stopped Revl and Exjade. I was able to start Revl 7 days later (5 mg every other day in early August) as the counts became acceptable again and I stayed on it this time. My Hgb is 11.7; whites at 3.6 and the platelets are holding at 59. I haven't had a tx since early August. Before I started Exjade my platelets were normal and my whites were 3. I noticed that those two counts were slowly decreasing and not recouping when I had transfusions as they did previously prior to starting Exjade. Revlimid without Exjade has been successful for me.