View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 23, 2014, 08:27 PM

MDS to AML

Just returned from Moffitt Canter Center Tampa,FL. Not a good fay as we just received the results of my husbands last BMB. After 4 cycles of Vidaza he went into full remission, however the next month I noticed that his counts were dropping. He completed 10 cycles of Vidaza (total) his blast have gone from 3% to 15-18%. There are no matches and no siblings. Options given are very questionable. We are looking at a study through Phizer (Hedghog) but his liver enzymes are too high at this time to be allowed into the study. We have to see is they will come down. The other option was for Chemotherapy in the hospital for 30 days. Dave does not like the sounds of it and I will support whatever it is that he chooses. The doctor also mentioned a partial cell transplant using our childrens cells that is being done in Atlanta.
Such difficult decisions with few choices.
Peachy, I hope all is going well for you. This is not an easy journey to be on.
Blessings and prayers to you.
Kathy,wife of 69 year old male with DX June 2013 with MDS= RAEB 2refractory with Extra Blast Very High Risk WBC 1.9-RBC 2.29-HGB 8.1-PLT 32-, as of Aug 2013:. BMB 12/4/13= WBC 5.57/RBC 4.86/HGB 15.5/HCT 42.8/RDW 49.6/PLT 188. 3% blast.BMB 4/11/14 WBC1.6,PLT12,RBC2.6,HGB9.2