View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 12, 2017, 08:49 PM

Promacta

AMZ904 have you checked into the medication Promacta? My platelets dropped to 6000 in ICU and i am alive today only because of it. A miracle for some of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amz904 View Post
Hi pennydog, hopefully everything turns out fine for you! But I'm surprised they're making you wait 5 weeks for your results. Since the most basic results usually come back within a few days at most and those can really help in determining if there is a greater issue at hand.

In my case I was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia in December 2013 and the first things to fall for me were my platelets.

Luckily for me I was already getting frequent blood tests (I was recovering from a random case of viral hepatitis.)

My platelet counts were as follows:
Nov 7: 125
Not 8: 123
Nov 10: 101
Nov 12: 96
Nov 18: 46
Nov 22: 24 (at this time I noticed petechiae on my arms and went to the ER where I got my first platelet transfusion.)

During this time my WBC, RBC, and hemoglobin were all normal. Soon after my first platelet transfusion the rest of my blood counts started to decline.

I had my bone marrow biopsy the first week of December and was immediately diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia either the same day or the next day.

I suggest getting another CBC blood test as soon as possible to make sure your platelets don't continue to fall. If you're unable to go in for blood work soon I definitely recommend to keep a look out for petechiae on your body, easily bruising, and nose bleeds which are signs of low platelets.

Good luck with everything, hopefully you're just worrying for no reason but it's always better to be on the safe side!